Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: King of the Web
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is anyone suprised that PewDiePie is second place for King of the Web?

You can see the leaderboard at http://kingofweb.com/

For people who never heard of King of the Web before: King of the Web is (I think) only for Youtubers. Fans can vote for their favorite Youtuber 10 times a day. The winner gets $7,500.

Apprently PDP will be donating the money to WWF (to help animals).
Wow O_O

He's kinda funny and has lots of fans but wouldn't say he was that funny.

I rate KSIOlajideBT way ahead of him.

Good on PDP for donating the money though. Wink
Good for PewDiePie to see he isn't greedy and takes all the money for himself! Congratz.
I don't see the point of such a contest and see it as a waste of time and money. (Yes, i read the FAQs.)
(02-04-2012, 12:11 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see the point of such a contest and see it as a waste of time and money. (Yes, i read the FAQs.)
It's just a popularity contest really.

Arvuti is right I guess... It has to work off some way of voting or similar to it most likely.

I wouldn't say it was a waste of time. It is rewarding normal people for entertaining many. And it is even better when the winners donate their money to a place that needs it.
I know it's a popularity contest, and that's why i claim it's a waste of time and money. The winner choosing to donate the money to charity doesn't make the contest useful.
You can tell it's all fake because I am no on there.
(02-04-2012, 10:28 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's a popularity contest, and that's why i claim it's a waste of time and money. The winner choosing to donate the money to charity doesn't make the contest useful.
That's a bit cynical don't you think? I think entertainers should have a reward for what they do. And this kind of contest is in my opinion very useful for those who pursue a career as an entertainer, especially new ones like Pewdie. Because it might help him on the way to improve what he does best: entertain people under the age of 15 on youtube.
(02-04-2012, 10:28 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I know it's a popularity contest, and that's why i claim it's a waste of time and money. The winner choosing to donate the money to charity doesn't make the contest useful.
It's actually used to give the winner better stuff so they make more quality videos.
Pages: 1 2 3