Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Only shows "Picked up" when picking up a key, tried EVERYTHING...need help :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's got to be another way? Re-installing would be my last resort -.-
I changed the main_settings.cfg before to quickly load maps and to have the debug menu.
Could that have any effect on the situation?
Anyone?
1) Delete map cache file (it's in the maps folder). Close Amnesia before doing so.
2) Try changing the entry name from ItemName_Key1 to something like ItemName_Key_1 or ItemName_FirstKey. Could be some nonsense with the entry index going on, since that's how you indicate an indexed lang entry -- with a number directly following a word with no underscore.
Tried 1)... 2) as I said I sent everything to my brother and it worked for him, didn't change anything so it's not the Entry name, the .lang is fine.
Have few questions:

1. Where you test this? Via development mode or via normal custom story (when u play amnesia)
2. I am not entirely sure at all, and I might be wrong, but what if the Key1 doesnt work because of that 1? Maybe it needs to be Key_1 or KeyOne Smile. You can give it a try.
3. Where is your extra_english?
1) I'm trying this in development mode, my brother tried it in "normal" mode and it worked for him, you think there's a connection?

2) Nah as I said I sent the whole package to my brother without changing anything, he started it up and it worked.

3) it's in "Amnesia/custom_stories/Ninamis Mansion"
Yes. Your extra_english doesn't work in the development mode -> there is your issue.

Like none of the texts work in development mode, neither will key names.
Omg why is that??? I just followed the instructions from Frictionalgames in order to make my life easier with development mode, didn't say anything about .lang not working in develpment mode....
Anyway too bad I already started installing Amnesia again, and ofc Steams download speed is useless Sad

But THANK you for solving this! How do I give you +rep since you fixed it for me Big Grin
Nvm I found it Smile Thanks again
Haha, NP. Yea, wiki doesn't have 100 % everything covered so it is understandable. I have met before people who have followed wiki 100 % and gotten error with fault what is actually in wiki.

That's why I recommend not to follow wiki 100 %. Study from it, but do not copy-paste Tongue.
Pages: 1 2