Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Solved] Moving the camera to an area facing a certain direction?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In my CS, the player hears some bad news, and needs to sit down. I want the character to go into an area, and the camera will move onto the chair, facing in a specfic direction.

How could I do this?
(02-10-2012, 07:01 PM)flamez3 Wrote: [ -> ][url]http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-10973.html[/url]

c:
That did help me, quite a bit, actually, but I want the camera to be moved on top of the chair as well. All that does is make the camera look at something. help?
(02-10-2012, 07:19 PM)Strembitsky Wrote: [ -> ]That did help me, quite a bit, actually, but I want the camera to be moved on top of the chair as well. All that does is make the camera look at something. help?

It sounds like you don't fully understand the code in the other topic. What you should be studying is what are timers and how they work and also try to understand StartPlayerLookAt.
I must have phrased the question wrong.

I want the person to enter an area, and then the camera moves over a chair. Doesn't just look at it, it moves over it, and then looks at something.

I cut a few corners and now it works well, but I would still like to do it like I wanted.
(02-10-2012, 10:07 PM)Strembitsky Wrote: [ -> ]I must have phrased the question wrong.

I want the person to enter an area, and then the camera moves over a chair. Doesn't just look at it, it moves over it, and then looks at something.

I cut a few corners and now it works well, but I would still like to do it like I wanted.
From what I know you can't just "move" the camera because the camera is the player so you need to make the player walk to the chair etc

Okay, it's fine then. I will keep it how I have it.