Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Palistov's Holiday Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Played it (as you already know). Really great map, the story wasn't too deep, but it was definitely interesting. And also you could see all the time and effort put into the mapping with all the little details, so that's definitely a plus. Over all, 's pretty good! Definitely would recommend to anybody looking for a short little story Smile
Kman Wink

[Image: storydepth.png]
(02-13-2012, 10:57 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Works for me (Steam). Fails for me (Retail).

Issue: .bat file not in proper place for retail.
sad, but yes - cannot Run in on Retail

============
mr. palistov

i tried^ to copy Folder there:
- C:\games\Amnesia - The Dark Descent
- C:\games\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\
nothing of them works.

so, could you make it as usual Custom story?
Huh
( i mean - C:\games\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\custom_stories)

btw, i have installed map - Deterioration - and Deterioration.bat works fine!
(installed at - C:\games\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\)

smth wrong here.
and any way i start your map- there is window pop-up
[Image: 6b8rvs.png]
i choose 1, and still nothing starts!!!
Spoiler below!
It was beautiful. I really, really enjoyed this story. The thought of Albert having to 'reset' every morning, thus forgetting Katherine and only having these tapes to remember her - it's a really touching tale.

Miss Rigi's voice acting was spot on, she really nailed the character.

Everything just felt right, Palistov. You really did something good here and I can't wait for the next one. Very talented you are.
Thanks Cry! Glad you enjoyed it. Smile

Dark Knight, I posted a link to a different bat launcher, specifically for retail users. You place it in Amnesia - The Dark Descent/retail/ and run it as usual. Download it from the OP. Smile Let me know if you run into any trouble
palistov

Quote:.:. Playing (Retail Amnesia) - Use the Retail version bat launcher . Must be placed directly in Amnesia root.
ok, that file worked for me, thanks!
i placed it and folder into C:\games\Amnesia - The Dark Descent\redist\, like other prev. *.bat - mods.

really nice and creepy atmosphere without lightning.
heh, i can"t jump, oO
I just watched Cry do a walkthrough of your game and I enjoyed it so much. It would've been great without Cry's interesting commentary as well. The story was simple, but it cut right to my heart. It's a good alternative over jump scares and psychological warfare that the other custom stories offer/try to offer.

Your female voice actress sounds so cute! I hope I get to hear her in more Amnesia custom stories. Her voice is pretty amazing. ^_^

Great job overall, man. Big Grin I hope to see more from you soon.
Thanks, diu! That talented individual is known as Miss Rigi. She's done loads of voice acting work for many other stories. Off the top of my head I can think of Icarus and My Love, but there's plenty more.
This was definitely a sparkling map. I mean, I knew much of it from the lines that I got to record from you but it's always so different when it's actually in the context of the game. But I did not realize how light my voice would sound |D

I don't think I acted in Icarus, just wrote it. But I did act in My Love, The Machine, and The Interrogation.
[Image: close_enough.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5