Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra: Overture - Collector's Edition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Penumbra: Overture - Collector's Edition includes Episodes 1-3, Tech Demo and bonus CD with other cool stuff... Like Walkthroughs etc. (Maybe WindexGlow's Mod, 'The Shaft', too)

Any plans that you Developers gonna make this kind of thing when all the Episodes are finally out? Smile
wow, Episode 2 hasn't even been officially announced and you're already thinking about that? Big Grin
Might be a nice idea though, but it would be weird to buy all Episodes again just to get the extras...
Episode 2 and 3 will be made, don't worry.

And I hope they make this collector's edition soon, it would be nice to have a full version of The Shaft instead of having to make it D:

If you wish to help out in the only penumbra mod, "The Shaft", send me a pm.
WindexGlow Wrote:Episode 2 and 3 will be made, don't worry.
I'm not worried about them, I'm just a bit surprised that already people are thinking about putting all episodes in one Special Edition before the second is released.
It wouldn't do me any good. I use linux only.
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:It wouldn't do me any good. I use linux only.
The Special Edition DVD might include Linux and Mac ports as well, it would be strange, ruling those players out.
It doesn't to me. It seems that windows is the dominate system. There is no linux version for Penumbra Overture in the stores. I have yet to see any hardware or game in the stores that say it's compatible and/or designed for linux. All I ever saw was Suse 10.0
Well, if it's now Windows in stores, who says that after the three Episodes it's still that?
Remember that Linux was never meant to be in a stores (with Episode One). But who says that it's impossible to include it in the Collector's Edition? Or in a two other Episodes?
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:I have yet to see any hardware or game in the stores that say it's compatible and/or designed for linux. All I ever saw was Suse 10.0

Well, Unreal Tournament 2004 had the penguin logo on the box (with Linux specs). Uplink was also shipped with the Linux version.

Since Linux users have no boxed version, I would be happy to be able to download the CD and box art though. I'll post this question in the Linux forum.
where I mostly go is Best Buy or maybe amazon, amazon being a place where I have on occasion seen the linux/loki logo. but not at any retail stores
Pages: 1 2