Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Game crashing map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have a map where whenever the player enters another map, or is teleported to one, the game crashes. It says something about a fatal error at atioglxx.dll.

This only happens at this specific map and it doesn't matter which map I try to load into, so there's no problem with the goal map, but with the start map. I'm guessing it's not a scripting error, otherwise it wouldn't let me load the map at all.

However, I have no idea how to fix this or what could be causing the problem. At first I thought it was something to do with the ChangeMap function, but this happens when I enter level doors as well. Basically anytime there's another map to load.

I tried erasing different scripts/functions to see what was causing the problem, but it still prevails no matter what.

Anyone any ideas?
If you have torrented or pirated the game, that could do the trick. A .dll is a driver file, usually found in system32 and if it is not found in system32, shit goes wrong. But it could be something else, confilcts, missing files. Take a screenshot of the error and the error log at
Documents>Amnesia>Main>hpl.log (at the bottom of the text document)

I did read somewhere that MATRESSES can cause game crashes, but i dont know if it gives an error report.
Okay so I found loads wrong in my hpl.log and it still doesn't work. I also found two threads with people having the same problem, so sorry for not finding those before. I have the retail version of the game by the way, so it can't be that.

I have decided for now to make the problem map the last map of the game so it doesn't have to deal with changing a map. Everything else works fine, so I don't just want to throw it away.

I just hope this never happens again and I guess I will consider this solved for now.