Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: GTA4 style phone for a CS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How could I have a phone that comes up like in GTA4. I like the way Rockstar added that it is not very intrusive and it is productive Big Grin. How could I put something like that into a custom story?

Spoiler below!
[Image: 433998-grand-theft-auto-iv-xbox-360-scre...ecomes.jpg]
You can't.
Why not?

@Your Computer I really wish you would stop being rude to me it is getting old...
(02-16-2012, 11:39 PM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]Why not?

@Your Computer I really wish you would stop being rude to me it is getting old...
He's not being rude, he's just being very to the point...
(02-16-2012, 11:39 PM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]Why not?

As far as i know, right handed objects are not supported in Amnesia (since Amnesia was intended to be without weapons). But if you want to try and make a right-handed object, you have the right to do so. Though, keep in mind, it is unlikely that any non-FrictionalGames forum member would know how to make a right-handed object that doesn't crash the game. At best you could replace the lantern with a cell phone, but then you'd be left without a convenient light source.

(02-16-2012, 11:39 PM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]@Your Computer I really wish you would stop being rude to me it is getting old...

Out of all the topics you've made, this would be the fifth one i've replied to. If you could prove that i have been constantly rude to you, then i will publicly apologize. Until then i don't believe i have been rightly accused.
(02-17-2012, 12:14 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2012, 11:39 PM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]@Your Computer I really wish you would stop being rude to me it is getting old...
Out of all the topics you've made, this would be the fifth one i've replied to. If you could prove that i have been constantly rude to you, then i will publicly apologize. Until then i don't believe i have been rightly accused.
Look - I just do not feel very welcome in the forum especially by some senior members - sorry for wrongfully accusing you.

It wasn't being rude. It was being short and to the point. There's no sense in building on an explanation that doesn't exist, therefore, saying "You can't." couldn't have been an easier answer. Though right handed lightsources would require 3D modelling and custom animations to replace, it IS possible... But a complete waste of time, no offense.

In my opinion, I don't see how this would be useful at all anyway...

I don't ever see YC being rude. Just stern and answering in a fashion that gets the job done. Don't take it personally.
^Ok about YC. As far as the phone goes I want to be more specific I want the player to have a smart phone of sorts. When the player is going thru the map than he can take out his cell phone for example with the "T" key. I made a phone in MS paint to show it....

[Image: cell.png]
I don't think this is possible in this engine. The HPL3 may be capable with the addtion of functions to read keys that are pressed, but this engine cannot do so. Also the fact that the lantern is only used as a lightsource... You would have to make an animated phone as an object with interactive areas around each key, along with extensive scripting... This would take a ton of work. I wish you luck on it if you proceed to do so.
Ya I guess it would be hard :/. How hard would it be to implement a mini map? I am not trying to turn the game into a gta clone but I think a active mini map would help out the player.
Pages: 1 2 3