Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Script Help! Controlling Player!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey! Im working on a custom story in which the player fades out in a flashback and teleports to another area with control disabled. i then want it to be automatically controlled so that you walk around a room. I have a few idea how to make this possible but so far the only way i can do it is with fade out and ins with teleports but i want it to physically walk... any ideas? THanks in advance for any help (Y)
Would require "SetPlayerActive", "StartPlayerLookAt", "StopPlayerLookAt", "MovePlayerForward", and "AddTimer"...
(02-17-2012, 03:15 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Would require "SetPlayerActive", "StartPlayerLookAt", "StopPlayerLookAt", "MovePlayerForward", and "AddTimer"...
Fhuck! Thank you! Sounds like a squirrel load of work! Any tips on how this would be ordered?
(02-17-2012, 03:18 AM)Loveridge Wrote: [ -> ]Fhuck! Thank you! Sounds like a squirrel load of work! Any tips on how this would be ordered?

Pretty much in the way he already ordered it, with the exception of StopPlayerLookAt.
(02-17-2012, 03:18 AM)Loveridge Wrote: [ -> ]Fhuck! Thank you! Sounds like a squirrel load of work! Any tips on how this would be ordered?
Also depends on how many things you intend to look at/walk towards. And I only put "StopPlayerLookAt" because it will be necessary when the whole "cinematic" is over.
Thank you All! I shall give it an attmept and tell you how it is going Wink (Y)

Could anyone give me an example script on how i can do this? It would be very much appreciated (Y)