Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Importing new characters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm making a new big Custom Story for Amnesia.
I have already made a new model with a program called Zbrush.
Now the model looks like this:
[attachment=2588]

Now I can export it as a Dae file, but when I load it into the Model Editor (HPL) from Amnesia, it is invisible. How can I make it load into the Model Editor and make it look like the same as it is in Zbrush?
Then I want to make it a sort of enemy, but I will start that after I've finally loaded it into the editor.

Grtz,
Brian
Have you made a folder for the model?

- Make a folder in entities for your model, then place the texture in there.
- Open the model in the 3D program, apply the texture again, then export to the folder you made earlier.
- Make the texture and .dae have the SAME EXACT name.
- Open in ModelView and the .mat should be generated automatically and should have the exact same name as the .dae.

Hope this works/helps you out!
Thank you Statyk Smile

Now I have another problem.
I've loaded it inside the Model editor and Model view. You can see my model good at both the programs. When I load it inside the level editor, you can still see it correctly. When I start the game and want to see it ingame, it won't be there at all.
How can I make him appear ingame?
(02-18-2012, 08:25 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Have you made a folder for the model?

- Make a folder in entities for your model, then place the texture in there.
- Open the model in the 3D program, apply the texture again, then export to the folder you made earlier.
- Make the texture and .dae have the SAME EXACT name.
- Open in ModelView and the .mat should be generated automatically and should have the exact same name as the .dae.

Hope this works/helps you out!

Sounds like it's not being directed through the resources.cfg. Where did you put this model's folder?
The game doesn't rely on the resources.cfg for custom story resources. Sounds more of a .map_cache issue; if not, then the entity was constructed wrong.
(02-19-2012, 02:56 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]The game doesn't rely on the resources.cfg for custom story resources. Sounds more of a .map_cache issue; if not, then the entity was constructed wrong.
Oh yeah, This is not an enemy yet, I presume. My mistake.
(02-19-2012, 02:56 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]The game doesn't rely on the resources.cfg for custom story resources. Sounds more of a .map_cache issue; if not, then the entity was constructed wrong.
If it is a .map_cache issue, how can I solve it?

(02-19-2012, 12:49 PM)Sauron The King Wrote: [ -> ]If it is a .map_cache issue, how can I solve it?

By deleting those files.
(02-19-2012, 01:33 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-19-2012, 12:49 PM)Sauron The King Wrote: [ -> ]If it is a .map_cache issue, how can I solve it?

By deleting those files.
.map_cache wasn't the problem, I will be remaking a character and then try it again Smile