Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: help with the hpl 2 editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys I'm just starting to use the mapping program for this game.

Now this may seem like a dumb question, but how would I go about testing my map?

Also, is there any specific folder to save it in? (i have it through steam if that matters)
You have to set up the custom story.
C>ProgramFiles>Steam>SteamApps>Common>AmnesiaTheDarkDescent>Custom_stories.
You can take a look at the wiki to figure out how to set it up: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...stom_story

From there, you just go into the Custom Stories menu on the main Amnesia menu.
(02-24-2012, 05:50 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]You have to set up the custom story.
C>ProgramFiles>Steam>SteamApps>Common>AmnesiaTheDarkDescent>Custom_stories.
You can take a look at the wiki to figure out how to set it up: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...stom_story

From there, you just go into the Custom Stories menu on the main Amnesia menu.
Thanks man.
I have another question. When im making a note have something written on it when you pick it up i can only have it on one line. how do i go about making a long note?
You can type [br] in your .lang file if you want a break. Otherwise, it'll automatically put it into multiple lines.
It just doesn't write anything when i do that
<Entry Name="Whatever"> This is a test line. [br] This line will be on a new line.</Entry>
That is exactly what I did. do you want to see what I have written there?
i cant use hpl cus im missing sdl.dll or somethin help plz Sad
(02-24-2012, 05:20 AM)MantisToboggan Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys I'm just starting to use the mapping program for this game.

Now this may seem like a dumb question, but how would I go about testing my map?

Also, is there any specific folder to save it in? (i have it through steam if that matters)
Here is script for the Note -->

<LANGUAGE>

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">

<Entry Name="Description">You had moving in to a new house you bought. but you didnt knew the house's background....</Entry>

</CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Test1_Name"> I Wont Forgive YOU!</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Test1_Text"> I WONT FORGIVE YOU!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

Btw you have to change to name of the note