Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What should I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the Guest Room and I found a key behind a painting.
Apparently it should be possible to grab after breaking the bottle, but it disappears when the glass breaks.
I read that it shouldn't be this way, but I've tried reloading it and everything but it doesn't work, I cannot get the key.
What should I do in this situation?
Load an earlier save? When I got stuck in the sewers and couldn't move, this worked for me. It just puts you back a little ways.
Quote:Apparently it should be possible to grab after breaking the bottle, but it disappears when the glass breaks.
This means you probably picked it up already.
But it isn't in my inventory?
And I have tried loading an earlier save, but it doesn't help, because when I go and take it again, it disappears just like it did the last time.
I will try reinstalling the game, and I certainly hope I don't have to play it all again from the start...
No, I reinstalled it but I still can't get the key. Am I doing it wrong, or is it the game?
You reinstalled the game but loaded old save? Or started from scratch? Do you have a savegame before that area (underground passage with Kaernk)?
I reinstalled and started playing with the old saves, yes. But it didn't work, so I created a new profile and started playing it all over again.
I don't know yet if it works or not, but I surely hope so. Because if it doesn't, what does? Maybe I then should purchase a new game.
Just make it a habit to save at the beginning of every new level. Or check this thread: ATDD: Savegames Gallery
Okay, thanks for the information and help, I'll try to get it working.