Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Request] Adding picture to grunts face
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I don't know how many who's done the Dark Room CS but they've added trollface to a grunts face and I'd like to do the same with one of my teachers to troll my friends, so if someone could add the face to a grunt and then UL it I'd be very grateful (link below).

http://i.imgur.com/UL9I7.jpg
Open up the model editor, make a billboard of this picture, attach it to the grunt, save, add into your CS.
And that is?
(03-10-2012, 10:55 PM)LulleBulle Wrote: [ -> ]And that is?
*facepalm* have you installed the development tools?
Don't you have a life?
(03-10-2012, 10:59 PM)Danarogon Wrote: [ -> ]
*facepalm* Ofc i have fag. I just don't know what a bilboard is, i mainly focus on leveleditor and not modeleditor.

(03-11-2012, 01:58 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't you have a life?
What does that have to do with anything? And yea i have a life, but obviously you don't who post that on my thread.

Erm i'm unsure how to do but i think i know.
Okay so billboards is a "folder" inside of amnesia the dark decent aswell as in the level editor. You know the light effect? Anyhow what you need to do is drag the picture into "Billboards" unsure if you need to change the format of the file. I guess you could ask more experience people about that. Then open editor drag in so it's in the grunt/ butes face. And save. If this help at all i'm glad because i'm unsure x)

trollox.
(03-12-2012, 01:38 PM)LulleBulle Wrote: [ -> ]
*facepalm* Ofc i have fag. I just don't know what a bilboard is, i mainly focus on leveleditor and not modeleditor.

alright, first of all, when people actually take the time to help you out when you couldnt take the time and actually ''look into'' the previous posts around the forums and the wiki for possible answers, dont flame or offend em; they have better things to do than helping out a lost soul...

A billboard is basicly an image which follows the screens possition. its a 2d image, which follows the screen, giving the illusion of a 3d effect. billboards are usualy transparent .png's or .dds's to give a realistic aspect to them.

To add a billboard in the modeleditor, click the white board thing that is similar to the one in the level editor. it should say billboard. find your image, open up a model which you want it added to, and apply it manually to the model.

hope this helped
^A billboard doesn't always follow the screen. That's an option.

Here, all you do is get the picture of what you want on the grunt's face and save it on your computer.
Open up the model editor, and open up a grunt.
Click on "Billboards".
Find your picture.
Drag it onto the monster's face.
Save.
Quit.
Open up in level editor.
Import new monster.

*Warning - Do not overwrite the monster, make a new one so your files don't get fucked
(03-12-2012, 01:58 PM)darkadders Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-12-2012, 01:38 PM)LulleBulle Wrote: [ -> ]

alright, first of all, when people actually take the time to help you out when you couldnt take the time and actually ''look into'' the previous posts around the forums and the wiki for possible answers, dont flame or offend em; they have better things to do than helping out a lost soul...

A billboard is basicly an image which follows the screens possition. its a 2d image, which follows the screen, giving the illusion of a 3d effect. billboards are usualy transparent .png's or .dds's to give a realistic aspect to them.

To add a billboard in the modeleditor, click the white board thing that is similar to the one in the level editor. it should say billboard. find your image, open up a model which you want it added to, and apply it manually to the model.

hope this helped
Couldn't load the picture last time i tried (it's a jpg) so i'll try convert it to .png and do it again. The thing is that I get mad at people who think they're so good because he have created similar threads as me and still rages.
Pages: 1 2 3