Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Model Editor help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have no idea how to use model editor and I cant find any tutorials anywhere. I am trying to make letters on an small block that you can step on but I am clueless on how to do anything on model editor.
(03-05-2012, 12:29 AM)Froggit Wrote: [ -> ]So I have no idea how to use model editor and I cant find any tutorials anywhere. I am trying to make letters on an small block that you can step on but I am clueless on how to do anything on model editor.
and as soon as I finish that I need to make small blocks that look solid but you fall through it.

The model editor does not allow you to create new things, it's merely a tool to adjust properties of models you have already made.

To create models use either program: "Maya", "Blender" or "3ds Max". Maya is available to students for free. Blender is free.

If you just want to make text I suggest you use "Photoshop" or "Gimp".
(03-05-2012, 12:41 AM)Acies Wrote: [ -> ]The model editor does not allow you to create new things, it's merely a tool to adjust properties of models you have already made.

To create models use either program: "Maya", "Blender" or "3ds Max". Maya is available to students for free. Blender is free.

If you just want to make text I suggest you use "Photoshop" or "Gimp".
Is there a way where I can take a photo from the internet of a letter and put it on a small surface or do I need one of those programs that you listed to do that too?