Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Shades Of Clarity Episode I (Custom Story)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
SHADES OF CLARITY
EPISODE I
That's my first mod. It's more like an interactive horror movie. Not much running and hiding in this episode, but I intent to change that in the next episodes.
The script is pretty complicated. You'll have some clues in the first episode about what's going on but not enough to understand everything. Try not seeing everything you encounter in the game as is. Most of the things you'll see are allegorical.
Since I don't have any previous experience uploading mods, if you have any problems starting the game or downloading please e-mail me.
I've been working on it since last summer, fixing bugs all the
time and looking for ways to make it better. You might experience same
fps drop on the 4th map. I'll work better towards performance in the episodes to come.
That's it for now. Hope you'll enjoy it!
[attachment=2633]
[attachment=2634]
[attachment=2635]
[attachment=2636]
e-mail: descented_angel_amnesia-clarity@yahoo.gr

4shared: DOWNLOAD HERE
Mediafire: DOWNLOAD HERE

Episode II includes episode I!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!! EPISODE II IS OUT, LINK TO THREAD HERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Version 1.3
Changes:
Spoiler below!

Someone reported a bug that the player could go through the wall, in the room next to the upside-down room. Fixed that.

Some small changes for some performance boost.
Also fixed some visual glitches I saw during play throughs from other players.

Version 1.2
Changes:
Some people might experience a bug in the 4th map that stops them from moving forward in the game.
Spoiler below!

An enemy might stuck before completing the ritual. I don't think there is a way to correct this without resetting the enemy. So, an orb has been placed in the first room that kills the protagonist and resets the enemy. Every peace of the puzzle you've completed remains as is.

Some minor bug fixes performed as well.

PLEASE KEEP REPORTING any bugs so I may fix them.
Thanks!
p.s.: I recently found out that there is a song by the name "shades of clarity". This game has nothing to do with that song or the band.
Can you put some pictures?
(03-05-2012, 05:28 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you put some pictures?
You're right! Thanks! There you go! :-)
can you upload it on mediafire?
damn,UNIQUE map!
atmosphere and level design excellent

but i"m stuck
Spoiler below!

i"m in upside-down room, have 3 rods, i can see 3 holes for levers.
no one combinations of rods are not compatible.whats the hint?
(03-05-2012, 08:34 PM)Dark Knight Wrote: [ -> ]damn,UNIQUE map!
atmosphere and level design excellent

but i"m stuck
Spoiler below!

i"m in upside-down room, have 3 rods, i can see 3 holes for levers.
no one combinations of rods are not compatible.whats the hint?
Thanks!
Spoiler below!

Yeah. You took the instructions I presume. You have to place each rod in the right hole. You must see the connection between the object above each hole and each of the three texts given. Every rod has something in common with the object above each hole. Read the description of the rods carefully. And some important words in the text, like "veil", "flow", "death"... That's enough I think...

(03-05-2012, 07:13 PM)Falido Wrote: [ -> ]can you upload it on mediafire?
Here you are.
http://www.mediafire.com/?btk6wblj3uj447g

Sounds sweet. I'll give a go Smile

Stuck already:
Spoiler below!
What I do when I get the "key from Upside-down room? I can't open any door in the mansion area... I go downstairs and lights comes on and I only found huge hole where I can't jump because something is blocking me going there. So what I do? I'm really stuck and little frustrated. Smile
ill try it now looks promising Smile
Thank you all! But please tell me your thoughts about the mod so I can improve it!
(03-06-2012, 02:58 AM)Descented Angel Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you all! But please tell me your thoughts about the mod so I can improve it!

Can you help me? I'm really stuck atm: Look my earlier reply. and "spoiler part"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5