Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't find own custom story
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

This is how it looks in the folders[Image: 25jf2us.png]

Custom_map_settings.cfg:

<Main
Name = "Firstmap"
Author = "Beecake"

MapFolder = "newmap/maps/"
StartMap = "newmap.map"
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>

Newmap.hps:

Void Onstart()
{
}

I followed this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0grr7uipnk0

I can't see my map ingame in custom stories!
What do i do wrong?
1. Change the Mapfolder text to this: "MapsFolder = "maps/". And make sure you have an area in your level editor which is the start area called "PlayerStartArea_1".

2. Doubleclick on your folder "maps" and create a hps file in there which has the same name as your map (which I believe is "newmap"?) / or just put that hps file you have already created into your "maps" folder.

And in your hps file put these things:

void OnStart()
{
}

void OnEnter()
{
}

void OnLeave()
{
}

3. And I don't know what that "bookshelf_rotate.cfg" thing is...

4. Then go to your level editor and make something in it, choose save as and save your map in "maps".

Better or still errors?
Still error... The custom story is empty Sad
If i post the scripts could you see if anything is wrong please?
[Image: zjjss9.png]
[Image: 17fi8w.png]

Yes i changed the StartPos in both the editor and the script
EDIT: I DID IT!!! What i did was changing the script name from "custom_map_settings.cfg" to "custom_story_setting.cfg"! Damn scripts has to be so correct ;D
(03-08-2012, 02:42 PM)beecake Wrote: [ -> ]Still error... The custom story is empty Sad
If i post the scripts could you see if anything is wrong please?
[Image: zjjss9.png]
[Image: 17fi8w.png]

Yes i changed the StartPos in both the editor and the script
EDIT: I DID IT!!! What i did was changing the script name from "custom_map_settings.cfg" to "custom_story_setting.cfg"! Damn scripts has to be so correct ;D

Yes remember to always look at your script and see if there is any misspelling and so on. Just a single "}" or name could be spelled wrong and the entire game will crash. I'm happy that you finally solved it, I hope I helped a bit. Smile