Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Facecam tutorial please ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello there , I've been thinking of doing (and I already started but...) an Amnesia CS LP on YouTube with a facecam but I can't really get it how to do it without Xfire's annoying borders and I was thinking if anyone could explain me on how to add it to the video without any borders or anything , just a box with the webcam and that's it, thanks a lot.
record ingame and webcam separately, then put them together via video editing program synched?
I don't know too much about this but I think you are going to need a piece of software to record your webcam (forgotten the name of the company).

Mhm, I already sort of tried that but I can't find a good recording program for the webcam.
I tried using AMCap but I recorded a 20 mins video and fu, it had over 10gb.
Any suggestions ? D:
I thought of doing videos with facecams but this was the problem, there is no good free software that can do what i need to do it.

YOUCAM is a good piece of software, 15 day trial I believe and costs about £20 or something.

Thanks a lot for this, looks like it fits me just right.I'll try it right away, thanks again.
EDIT: It actually works pretty well!Though I can't really get it to record while the game is in full screen mode.
That is odd, I can't help you with that unfortunately as I don't have YOUCAM. You could youtube it and see what you find or some other source to fix the problem maybe?

Would have thought it would be compatible with fullscreen...
(03-16-2012, 04:42 PM)Cloaked Wrote: [ -> ]Mhm, I already sort of tried that but I can't find a good recording program for the webcam.
I tried using AMCap but I recorded a 20 mins video and fu, it had over 10gb.
Any suggestions ? D:
I have a video camera, I start recording just as I started up the recording. after It's done I plug the camera into the computer and copy the files and use sonyvegas or VideoPad Proffesional to edit and add my face in
EDIT: I have only just discovered this!

Windows Movie Maker has the ability to record your webcam footage. Apparently its what PewDiePie uses so I imagine many others would use it too.
(03-17-2012, 09:34 PM)Lucke Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I have only just discovered this!

Windows Movie Maker has the ability to record your webcam footage. Apparently its what PewDiePie uses so I imagine many others would use it too.
+1
Pages: 1 2