Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Music during note
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I see plenty of tutorials for narrating a voice while you read a note, but how can I play music while the note is open, like many of Daniel's notes?
I think you actually do it with script. When the player picks up the diary note, you can run a function. You set this up with the CallbackFunc or the PlayerInteractCallback field. Simply use the PlayMusic function.
Will that also allow me to stop the music when the note closes? I don't know what script I would use to call a function upon that.
There is a bit easier way to do this, it is what I did on my -*Tortured*- (that I never completed) I just used the regular voice and added the music turned down in the background with Audacity. Maybe a bit easier.
I won't actually be using voices.
Ahhh, then i don't know......if you were to use music as a voice it would go on as long as the music would, unless the player presses escape.
You can't, sorry.
(03-14-2012, 02:32 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: [ -> ]You can't, sorry.
It is possible to play music when reading a note or diary, they have it in TDD. But I'm not sure if it is possible in notes but I know that it's possible.

No, I don't believe there's any native functionality to stop the music after the player closes the note. I think you'll have to let it run its course, after which your other music should resume, providing you put true as the Boolean value for the abResume argument.
Diaries can have a callback attached to them for when the player closes the diary. This can (at least in theory, i haven't tried it myself) be used to stop the music.
Pages: 1 2