Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Changing "Look" or "Health" of a door
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the issue I'm having here is that I can't find any function that changes the texture the door is using(in this case just a default mansion door).

The scare I want to happen here is the door to become damaged after the player completes a certain puzzle, basically the same thing that happens when an enemy is breaking down the door. The current workaround I have for this is to spawn a grunt when the player finishes the puzzle, tell it to go to a pathnode beyond the door, then despawn him after a few seconds, enough time to do said damage. The issue with that is that he makes a rather loud spawning sound and overrides any music playing, and the player can also see him clearly despawn through the hole in the door he produces.

I kinda feel like there's just some function I can't find that just lets you change the damage "state" of the door or something obvious like that, I tried the SetPropHealth function but that doesn't seem to do anything visually, atleast.

Any help appreciated!
SetPropHealth shows visual damage after around 50 health is lost by the door.
Yeeeep, new it was something obvious -.- Thank you !