Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Intro Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For making an intro do I simply diable the player movement and force them to look at certain things ?

It would be very helpful for somebody to give me sample of code for an intro so I can understand what needs to be done.

Thank you, Jamsong
you would use startplayerlookat and SetPlayerActive(false);
You will also want to get rid of the player's crosshair.

ShowPlayerCrossHairIcons(false);

This will delete the little dot in the middle of your screen
(03-18-2012, 05:39 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]You will also want to get rid of the player's crosshair.

Is there a function to hide your arm and lantern or would I just use the function that zooms the screen in ?
(03-18-2012, 07:04 PM)Jamsong Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2012, 05:39 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]You will also want to get rid of the player's crosshair.

Is there a function to hide your arm and lantern or would I just use the function that zooms the screen in ?
Well to hide the arm and lantern you would use SetLanternDisabled(true); this disables the players ability to use the lantern and will get rid of the arm and lantern
(03-18-2012, 07:15 PM)Vaelwing22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-18-2012, 07:04 PM)Jamsong Wrote: [ -> ]

Well to hide the arm and lantern you would use SetLanternDisabled(true); this disables the players ability to use the lantern and will get rid of the arm and lantern
Oh right ok, thanks for the help Smile