Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Model Request]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Me and my friend are going to make an Amnesia Custom Story and we need a simple model.

All that we need is a solid black (same color as pitch darkness) with solid white eyes. That's it. He has to blend into the darkness as well.

Thanks in advance Big Grin
Why don't you make it? That seems insultingly easy.
(03-22-2012, 11:22 PM)Strembitsky Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you make it? That seems insultingly easy.
Insultingly? Im new to this entire system. Im really not that good at any of it. I was only looking for some help..
You could probably do that with planes, it would take a lot of adjusting and what not, but it's definitely do-able that way.
Make a billboard? Sounds like this doesn't need to be a model at all.
... ... ...
Ok. I said im not good at this, im new to it. Can ANYONE help me? Or are you all going to troll?
We aren't trolling. What you need to do is to take a photo editing program:
A. Photoshop
B. Gimp

Create an image which is 512 pixels x 512 pixels. Make the background black. Draw your "eyes". Save it as a .dds file (format dxt5). DDS plugin?
https://www.google.se/search?aq=f&source...dds+plugin

Google search for you.

Place that image in your custom story. Open it in materialEditor.exe - Found in your amnesia root folder. Set the material to translucent. That should be all.
(03-24-2012, 04:35 AM)rjmcfarland Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. I said im not good at this, im new to it. Can ANYONE help me? Or are you all going to troll?
No one is trolling you. We are giving you a simpler solution to you and all of us by refraining from a model as it's not necessary according to what you are requesting. Follow Acies post. We ARE helping you.