Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Camera Movement !?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody have an idea how to script some freefly camera like you can see in the poisonous trailer ?

Spoiler below!

Would be nice if i get some hints or an example code !

Thx very much

It is made by using script areas as points to look at, then using:

MovePlayerHeadPos();
StartPlayerLookAt();
StopPlayerLookAt();

Here's the functions list to get the proper parameters:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions
(03-24-2012, 04:39 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]MovePlayerHeadPos(); << Thats i was searching for ... thank you i will try it out Wink

Well i solved it and the camera movement works fine Smile ! but i have a problem the screen is zooming in and out during the camera movement , becase the player is standing in darkness !
Is there a command for disabling the screen effect or do i have to use to put some light around the playerstart !?

found nothing in the wiki.
You can't do that.
You can use SetSanityDrainDisabled to disable sanity drain from darkness.
Ok thx very much ... i have one last problem ...

After the Camera reached his point i fade out and teleport the player to another point ... and then he is teleported
i set
"MovePlayerHeadPos(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 100.0f, 0.0f);"
but then i got some graphic problems ... is there another way to set it back to normal position ?
(03-24-2012, 07:19 PM)Stepper321 Wrote: [ -> ]You can't do that.
Actually you can.
(03-24-2012, 08:30 PM)stonecutter Wrote: [ -> ]Ok thx very much ... i have one last problem ...

After the Camera reached his point i fade out and teleport the player to another point ... and then he is teleported
i set
"MovePlayerHeadPos(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 100.0f, 0.0f);"
but then i got some graphic problems ... is there another way to set it back to normal position ?
I had the same problem, but it worked great when I changed from 100 to 10, no idea why tho.
MovePlayerHeadPos(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 100.0f, 0.0f);

OFF TOPIC: That trailer was amazing.