Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Crashes after minimizing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the game today, and am able to load and play the game, but if I minimize the game using the windows key I am unable to bring the game back up. The computer starts to run loudly, and the game no longer responds. I downloaded the patch and the problem was not fixed.

Any advise would really be appreciated.

Thanks.
Try updating your graphics drivers.

Alt-tabbing during the game has worked on all computers we have tried on.
I updated the drivers this morning, and am still having the problem. I have a Radeon x1300 which is on your list of verified drivers. We run a lot of other graphics intense things with out issue.

This is a very frustrating problem for me, because I often find myself needing to min the game for a few moments, and to have to restart the game every time makes it almost unplayable. Are there any other solutions I could try?

Thanks again!!
Try to use alt-tab to get back into the game as sometimes clicking on Penumbra in the task bar doesn't work.
Okay, I think I have it working. Thank you so much for the very quick responses both times!