Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Questions about Screen Recording Software
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, everyone who views this thread (hardly any, I presume), but I have a question about the recording software called CamStudio. First of all, does anyone have/use this software? If so, how is it? It is one of the only free ones I found, so I wanted to know if this is good. And if it is good, is the process of extracting it/moving it to another folder and making it work in a movie maker (I have Windows Movie Maker) rather simple?
*cough, cough, bump, cough, cough*
No, but seriously, I need this information! Sad
Bump it, LOUDER, bump it, LOUDER,
Gotta love those Bump-Eyed Peas
It depends on the export you are using. If you export it to .WMV or .AVI you should be fine.
Ok cool, thanks! It actually says it records it into .AVI, so cool! Thank you for responding!!! Big Grin
CamStudio is rather fine free software to record your screen with. The quality of recording depends pretty much one the compressor though. I get fine results with DivX codecs with proper settings. Little googling and you should find good tutorials and settings to use.

Wouldn't suggest using windows movie maker though.
I know it isn't the best... Undecided
However, I did find a download to display two videos at once so that's all taken care of! Big Grin