Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can someone explain how to make a CollideCallback to work with monster and player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need someone to help me with getting this to work. I'm using "AddEntityCollideCallback" on the monster and player, and I'm trying to get it to where when the monster collides with the player (i.e. hitting the player) so I can use Callback Functions.
just put the asParent as the monsters name and for the asChild put that as Player

that should work
Could you type out exactly how I'd have it in the script? I'm sorry, I'm sort of a novice at this.

Wait, I have tried that and won't work. Is this what it's supposed to look like?
AddEntityCollideCallback("monster_2", "Player", "KnockOut", true, 1);

(03-31-2012, 05:40 AM)xxiitrysohardxx Wrote: [ -> ]Could you type out exactly how I'd have it in the script? I'm sorry, I'm sort of a novice at this.

Wait, I have tried that and won't work. Is this what it's supposed to look like?
AddEntityCollideCallback("monster_2", "Player", "KnockOut", true, 1);
yeah it should look like that. you have to have the function script as well telling the game what to do after this collision happens