Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Challenge Threadᆦ ᆦ ᆦ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I used GetEntitiesCollide. But note that you cannot use the wildcard "*" with that function, and that there are some missing numbers on the walls (number 4 is missing on one of the maps).
(04-20-2012, 07:24 PM)Apjjm Wrote: [ -> ]I used GetEntitiesCollide. But note that you cannot use the wildcard "*" with that function, and that there are some missing numbers on the walls (number 4 is missing on one of the maps).
D: So you just used a for(;;Wink statement to check all the possible collisions? I feel like that would lag. >_<
(04-20-2012, 09:00 PM)Homicide13 Wrote: [ -> ]D: So you just used a for(;;Wink statement to check all the possible collisions? I feel like that would lag. >_<
Not really, you only have to do one pass when you add a node. AddAttachedPropToProp is probably a bigger a bottleneck for a reasonable number of walls as that requires reading several files from disk. Besides, if you run the whole thing without using a timer (I used a timer so i could see what it was doing) in the OnStart routine all the work is done in the loading screen anyway.
(04-20-2012, 11:50 PM)Apjjm Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-20-2012, 09:00 PM)Homicide13 Wrote: [ -> ]D: So you just used a for(;;Wink statement to check all the possible collisions? I feel like that would lag. >_<
Not really, you only have to do one pass when you add a node. AddAttachedPropToProp is probably a bigger a bottleneck for a reasonable number of walls as that requires reading several files from disk. Besides, if you run the whole thing without using a timer (I used a timer so i could see what it was doing) in the OnStart routine all the work is done in the loading screen anyway.
Ah ok, that makes sense.

Time's up. It's time for Homicide13 to post the solution. Apjjm to post his, and the challenge he will purpose.
A* Search solution:
Code
Additional files

Other (original) solution (for completeness sake):
Spoiler below!

Code
Uses the same file set as the A* solution.

Alright, if someone else comes up with a solution should I also post mine as well then?
No, now you give me yours so I can place it in the main post. Remember that it must all be explained so people know what was expected.

There will be a link for Apjjm post too.
Alright, here is my solution: http://www.mediafire.com/?xts0jk052z5dtvl
It's just a really simple solution that keeps the box moving forward at an angle and has it bounce off any walls that it might run in to.
It's time for Apjjm to release his challenge.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19