Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia 1.2 Update Wont Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I bought Amnesia off of Amazon and installed it. I downloaded the 1.2 Update from FrictionalGames.com and installed it to my Amnesia install folder ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Amnesia") but I see no Justine button on the Launcher. I then installed the update to a different folder and moved all the files that it installed INTO the Amnesia folder and still no dice. Any ideas on how to get the 1.2 update to work?
download the update from the retailer. The FG update, is for products from the FG store...
No, it's for all Amnesia releases using the serial system.
There is no special update for retailers, the normal 1.2 update should work.
Oh, I don't know that. Sorry then!
It is because the publishers use a disc-check protection?
The download server seems to be down. Good to have the download version.
I normally prefer a retail DVD, but the Frictional Games shop is nice, I love it to buy games from there.
It is not like Steam, where aou have to install a program, connect to the internet and create an account to play. Frictional Games store is the best shelf I think.

But what about the Penumbra patches?
I have Penumbra Overture and Black Plague retail DVD and used the official patches from Frictional Games server. Are they compatible with that?
Never seen a third party patch...
Thanks
Penumbra the same, not so for Amnesia