Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Keep level changes when coming back? [SOLVED]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yea so i have been searching and searching without finding anything about this.

My map has to be as realistic as it can be, and some doors ARE going to get smashed in different levels, but when i go back to the levels, the triggers of the monsters are gone, but the door is back! There must be a way to make it save the changes before leaving to a new level... but how?
(04-20-2012, 03:49 PM)beecake Wrote: [ -> ]Yea so i have been searching and searching without finding anything about this.

My map has to be as realistic as it can be, and some doors ARE going to get smashed in different levels, but when i go back to the levels, the triggers of the monsters are gone, but the door is back! There must be a way to make it save the changes before leaving to a new level... but how?
The first thing that comes to my mind is something called "global variables" (the xGlobalVarInt() functions).
I think that Amnesia didn't keep track of opened doors in the original games. They were all closed when you reentered a level. However, for smashed doors, you could need to set a global variable to 1, and have the map automatically smash the door (preferably silently) every time the player enters the map and the global var is set. However, I'm a noob, so there might be other ways of handling this that I don't know about.

Or the easier way, by checking the FullGameSave in the entity tab on the doors and entities you want to be remembered
Heyyyy i just learned something Big Grin Both of you guys are awesome!!!