Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia quit unexpectedly on MBP late 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. Yesterday I was working just fine. Today it crashes on start. Launching directly the .app yields this result

http://pastebin.com/m2kH6KdE

Launching Launcher.app gives similar result

Any thoughts?
Is steam running?? Have you tried restarting steam? This, unfortunately, looks like a steam or OS issue as the stack trace is crashing while loading the executables and frameworks (e.g. before Amnesia is even started).

I would suggest restarting steam, having steam validate the Amnesia cache (checking for possible corruption).
I tried to restart the whole system. I also verified steam cache. Nothing helped
I believe this is a steam issue, as I just installed the steam client update from yesterday and the game no longer works on my system (e.g. the system where the mac version was developed).

However, I managed to get it working again.. Here is what I did
  • Delete Steam from my Applications folder.
  • Tell it "NO" when it asks to remove the local data (unless you really want to, you can :-D )
  • Go to the Library/Application Support/Steam/ folder and delete EVERYTHING except for the SteamApps folder (that is where your installed games are)
  • Re download steam from steampowered.com
  • Reinstall it (drag to Applications folder)
  • launch steam and wait for it to update. it may take some time and may even claim you have no internet just after downloading updates.. just re-launch it again.
  • Once it finishes updating login, and validate your system (Steams authorization process as it thinks you are on a new system)
  • Try running amnesia.. It may take a bit as steam resyncs all your games (to make sure they are all updated).. But it should run perfectly now.
That did it. It is amazing how steam managed to screw up big time