Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Lone Survivor - New Horror Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.lonesurvivor.co.uk/

RPS: "I hope it’s not the only great horror game of the year but as far as I’m
aware it’s the first; beautifully constructed, thought-provoking and,
despite the many nods to Silent Hill, pleasingly individual in its
pacing, plotting and mood."

As for all horror games: Don`t read to much about it; don't watch the gameplay videos - play it!
I've always found it a bit difficult to immerse myself in a game with these kinds of graphics, and I'm assuming it will be especially difficult to do so with the horror genre :3
(04-23-2012, 08:45 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]I've always found it a bit difficult to immerse myself in a game with these kinds of graphics, and I'm assuming it will be especially difficult to do so with the horror genre :3
Then get ready for a surprise ... Lone Survivor is extremely immersive and that is the key element for a good horror game ...
This is looking good (judging by the trailer) and seems to have good mechanics too.
Very cool game, I played the demo, it was kind of short but very creepy.
(04-23-2012, 08:45 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]I've always found it a bit difficult to immerse myself in a game with these kinds of graphics
You obviously haven't played To The Moon.
(04-24-2012, 01:12 AM)kman Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-23-2012, 08:45 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]I've always found it a bit difficult to immerse myself in a game with these kinds of graphics
You obviously haven't played To The Moon.
I find that game to be my one and only exception to the aforementioned comment. I watched Cryaotic's play through of it and cried like a baby.