Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Poisonous
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This is a custom story that has been under development for roughly 5 months and it is now released! This is our first custom story for Amnesia ever, but we have put a lot of work into it. Hopefully you will enjoy it!

Story
You wake up at a camping site in the mountains after having a weird dream. "Rachel?.. Rachel!?.. Where are you Rachel!?" Your girlfriend isn't there and you start to wonder if it was just a weird dream... Now you remember the warning that a village man told you: "Something mysterious is going on in the mountains, don't go there! If you do, it's on your own risk." Obviously it's too late to listen to that now...

Trailer

We'd recommend you to watch our trailer on youtube in 720p full-screen rather than watching it embedded here.

Screenshots (More on Mod DB)
Spoiler below!
[Image: amnesia2012032019535732.png]

[Image: amnesia2012032019525632.png]

[Image: amnesia2012032019495584.png]

[Image: 42327.png]

I am very exited! gonna try this out, and i am quite sure i'm gonna pee my pants alot of times!
I cried a little bit when I saw the trailer.
Y U NO TELL ME HOW TO MAKE COOL SCREEN ZOOMS?!
You know the trailer was actually pretty good, even when I am completly uninterested in these custom stories what are literally just map packs for amnesia with nothing new, I will be checking this one out.

More people should do trailers like that *cough* JetlinerX *cough*
(04-25-2012, 10:28 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: [ -> ]I cried a little bit when I saw the trailer.
I learned it from Your Computer somewhere here on the forum. Just use MovePlayerHeadPos and StartPlayerLookAt and you will be able to control them in no time!

(04-25-2012, 10:33 PM)Arvuti Wrote: [ -> ]You know the trailer was actually pretty good, even when I am completly uninterested in these custom stories what are literally just map packs for amnesia with nothing new, I will be checking this one out.
Well, thank you! As you said we use the ordinary Amnesia content, but hopefully you'll find out that some things are new or at least interacted with in a diffrent way.

@ARVUTI - I'm not skilled enough, but, armed with the knowledge of the MovePlayerHeadPos and StartPlayerLookAt trick... watch out Wink

Great trailer though!
(04-26-2012, 12:32 AM)MrErkky Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-25-2012, 10:28 PM)JenniferOrange Wrote: [ -> ]I cried a little bit when I saw the trailer.
I learned it from Your Computer somewhere here on the forum. Just use MovePlayerHeadPos and StartPlayerLookAt and you will be able to control them in no time!

(04-25-2012, 10:33 PM)Arvuti Wrote: [ -> ]You know the trailer was actually pretty good, even when I am completly uninterested in these custom stories what are literally just map packs for amnesia with nothing new, I will be checking this one out.
Well, thank you! As you said we use the ordinary Amnesia content, but hopefully you'll find out that some things are new or at least interacted with in a diffrent way.
That means you have to make a lot of MovePlayerHeadPos 's, no? Sounds very complicated.
Also, I looked through all of Your Computer's threads and such. Didn't find anything. :< Someone should really make a tutorial and put it on here.

(04-26-2012, 01:24 AM)JenniferOrange Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I looked through all of Your Computer's threads and such. Didn't find anything. :< Someone should really make a tutorial and put it on here.

I first mentioned it in my first project's thread. Also, my latest video tutorial (i.e. wake-up script) has information and usage of MovePlayerHeadPos.
This should be an interesting one - I can tell the fellow who made the trailer, Anton Nordmark, has some pretty nice experience with After Effects.

I'd love to see more Custom Stories with a bit more attention to detail in terms of their teasers/trailers. I've seen quite a few trailers and a good majority of them just fall flat. This one definitely felt just like it should, a trailer. That's something to applaud.

Looking forward to giving this a whirl, good start so far at least!
this is absolutely amazing so far into my gameplay. the mapping is quite creative and youve got the elements of tension all set up ^^

ive found some minor (very minor) mapping errors here and there, though. it doesnt disrupt gameplay, but for the sake of detail id suggest covering it up, if you want (theyre minor, so you can decide ^^). overall i love this story so far. great job, sir!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6