Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I Dont Know What I'm Doing Wrong :c Help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, I've got no clue what I'm doing and I've been watching youtube tutorials for making custom stories but it's not working..
i got it to show up in the custom stories main menu but it doesnt open, i get an error msg that says; "FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file 'custom_stories/attempt1/maps/00_attemp1.hps'!' main (1,1) : ERR : Unexpected token '{'"

any kind of help would be appreciated
(04-28-2012, 10:47 PM)suffersystem Wrote: [ -> ]hey guys, I've got no clue what I'm doing and I've been watching youtube tutorials for making custom stories but it's not working..
i got it to show up in the custom stories main menu but it doesnt open, i get an error msg that says; "FATAL ERROR: Could not load script file 'custom_stories/attempt1/maps/00_attemp1.hps'!' main (1,1) : ERR : Unexpected token '{'"

Did you create a .hps for the map?
(04-28-2012, 10:55 PM)jamessnk1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2012, 10:47 PM)suffersystem Wrote: [ -> ]hey guys, I've got no clue what I'm doing and I've been watching youtube tutorials for making custom stories but it's not working..

yeah i followed this one video's instructions. i just typed

"void OnStart ()
{
}"
(04-28-2012, 11:06 PM)suffersystem Wrote: [ -> ]

"void OnStart ()
{
}"
take off the space between Start(), like this:

void OnStart()
{

}
(04-28-2012, 11:23 PM)MrIcabod123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-28-2012, 11:06 PM)suffersystem Wrote: [ -> ]

"void OnStart ()
{
}"
take off the space between Start(), like this:

void OnStart()
{

}
it's still saying the same error msg D:
Remove the .hps until you actually have something to code, its not needed to run the map.
Or make sure you save your code before you start up your map again.