Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Rotating Particle Effects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can't rotate "ps_orb_room_portal_start.ps" but I can rotate other Particle Effects like "ps_water_stream.ps".

I went looking around in the Particle Editor, but I could not find anything to let me rotate the portal particle. Can anyone help?

You talking about revolution or particle spinning? Revolution requires you mess around with the Start positions.
Revolution just makes the particles spin in a strange spherical pattern?

I just want to rotate the the particle so it can face any direction I wish it to. Right now it only faces in one direction, and using the Rotate or Scale tool do nothing in the Level Editor.
Oh, you mean that kind of rotation. I hear if you create a particle system at an entity (or area), you can control the direction of the particle system since it assumes the axis of the entity. However, i have yet to verify this. If it doesn't work, then you'll have to manually edit the particle system each time you want it to face a different direction. Though, Movement -> General -> Coord System might have something to do with it too.
Thank ye, blessed heart. You earned me pot 'o gold!
It's like Billboards with me... I rotate them till I am blue in the face... and can never actually get them to rotate, they always face the same direction in the editor...
Got to change their property to "Fixed Axis".
You can always mess with particles in the particle editor Smile