Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Share a little bit!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Hey everyone, so lately as my year in school wrapped itself up and I have been getting more involved in editing for this community (I tried going back to editing other games I used to work with, I really did... none are as intriguing as HPL2!), I have begun noticing some folks around this community are really talented individuals, and that they have interesting philosophies on the topic of game design. There are several people here who I feel really mesh well with Frictional's ideas for what makes a great game, and I have come to respect these people. So, why not share a little bit about ourselves? This is for whomever feels up for doing this, and I see this topic on every forum I frequent but this one, and it's always a hoot to see who looks like what: post your picture, folks! There are so many let's players who have a facecam available, but the people behind the scenes, the ones who actually make these maps that are played, are anonymous strangers! I'd like to change that; I'll start. Smile

[Image: 228574_1504285367352_1240770210_31680454_4259968_n.jpg]
[Image: 292129_3129010703835_1221720114_32435217...7973_n.jpg]
That last one is more recent.

Take it away, boys and girls! Smile
My whole life I wanted to stay away from the streets, but I didn't have any options when it came to picking a social life, so I hung out with psychopaths - burglars, rapists and murderers - and it's some sort of an atheistic miracle that I'm alive today. My friends grew up to be big time hustlers, and didn't want anything to do with people who respected other people as human beings. I still hate cops, though. Say what you will about my so called "friends", but somebody who sells his soul to enforce the oppression of a state upon a people of a region, has to be the worst form of slime.
People who protect others are the worse form of slime?
(05-07-2012, 12:33 PM)Leeeyam Wrote: [ -> ]People who protect others are the worse form of slime?
Cops are badguys with a state funded good reputation. It's absolutely not their job to protect anything else than at most people useful to the state. I've seen cops up close, and they're far from heroes.
I almost forgot the definition of the word 'pessimist'. Thank you for reminding me
Stereotyping is the worst form of ignorance, I believe. It doesn't matter if you saw 1000 crooked cops, there's still 100,000s out there that aren't.
A good drinking game would be to take a shot everytime Cranky Old Man posts something negative, but I'd be afraid of ending up on the floor too quick Big Grin
(05-07-2012, 01:29 PM)dph314 Wrote: [ -> ]I almost forgot the definition of the word 'pessimist'. Thank you for reminding me
Stereotyping is the worst form of ignorance, I believe. It doesn't matter if you saw 1000 crooked cops, there's still 100,000s out there that aren't.
A good drinking game would be to take a shot everytime Cranky Old Man posts something negative, but I'd be afraid of ending up on the floor too quick Big Grin
The only "hero cop" out to "protect the people" is a cop who is not doing the job that he's paid to do. He's paid to enforce a state rule instated by powerfighting, populistic politicians. It's not always as obvious as in russian states where being homosexual is a crime, but every so called "law", is a shackle that everybody can do without.
I'm an unpaid hero cop, and I'm asking you folks to calm down a bit, this thread seems to de-reailing very quickly.
You should invest your sweet-ass batman inheritance fortune in fighting crime digitally, then, ya lazy slacker. Every grunt you evade is a criminal caught. Come to think of it, that wouldn't be very efficient, eh? Tongue
Personally, I'm a Philly boy...well, at least I was.

I remember I was shooting hoops at the park with my friends and some "gangsta's" decided it would be funny to jump us. No one really got hurt (except Marcus, he slid into a deep depression, but that's another story!).

Honestly, it didn't really bother me. But oh man, once my mom found out, she wanted to send me away to live with my Uncle and Aunt. I never really lived in a good neighborhood, I was raised by a single mother and money's always been tight... but somehow she found the money to send me away in a freakin' plane!

After that exhausting 11 hour flight, I decided the next thing I needed to do to get to my Aunt and Uncle's house was to find a cab, and boy, did I find one! The licence plate said "fresh" and it had a dice in the mirror!

Anyways...

I pulled up to the house about seven or eight
and I yelled to the cabby, "Yo homes, smell ya later!"
Looked at my kingdom I was finally there
To settle my throne, as the Prince of Bel Air.
A picture of me.
Holding the new epic RPG in my hands.
Had to show this because we were looking for someone who already had this game ;-)

[Image: ebddqdkk.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9