Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia Script Tutorial - Monster Path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Amnesia Script Tutorial - How to Make a monster Path

By Leonzun

Video:

We need some more "if" and "for" tutorials on this forum :p
what do you mean?
(05-08-2012, 08:29 AM)Leonzun Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean?
"if else" scripts n such. people are still sketchy on those parts of development when it comes to scripting their stories
(05-08-2012, 08:31 AM)DarkShadowz Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2012, 08:29 AM)Leonzun Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean?
"if else" scripts n such. people are still sketchy on those parts of development when it comes to scripting their stories
exactly
And maybe variable tutorials?
(05-08-2012, 12:18 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: [ -> ]And maybe variable tutorials?
True that... I still have no clue on how to work with Global/Local Variables.
(05-08-2012, 12:19 PM)Dutton Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2012, 12:18 PM)Datguy5 Wrote: [ -> ]And maybe variable tutorials?
True that... I still have no clue on how to work with Global/Local Variables.
Me neither :/
You guys looking for tutorials on if-else statements and variables, I highly recommend you look outside of this community for it. These are fundamentals for all programming and scripting languages, so there must be a great many well made tutorials on it, but the HPL2 modding community is relatively small, so people don't want to spend their tutorial time covering these things when the more specific or undocumented things need tutorials.

HPL2 uses Angel Script so look for tutorials on statements and variables in Angel Script. Javascript is similar so you would likely find a tutorial for that (as its common for web development), or even C++ which is the language both of the above are based on
Pages: 1 2