Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia Model Editor odd problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So far as I can see, no one has this particular problem. At one point my Amnesia Model editor was working fine. One day I had, I think, deleted a test folder that had the Penumbra Rock worm in it. This model was one I had recently imported into the AME (Amnesia Model Editor). Ever since then, whenever I try to import a new *.dae, it takes me to my root directory. The AME doesn't allow me to select a different place as it wants to load the file (yet no files are in the root directory). Does anyone know what to do to fix this problem?
So you cannot pick folders after you press "Import Mesh"?
(05-26-2012, 10:48 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]So you cannot pick folders after you press "Import Mesh"?
That's correct. Since I can't pick folders, I am unable to pick a model. I had plans on using a Penumbra Tech Demo monster into Amnesia. First would be to import the mesh to make an *.ent file.

Any help you, or someone you know, would be helpful.
Try going to "My Documents > HPL2" and delete the "ModelEditor.cfg" and the "ModelEditor.txt". Then run the Model Editor again.
(05-26-2012, 11:19 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Try going to "My Documents > HPL2" and delete the "ModelEditor.cfg" and the "ModelEditor.txt". Then run the Model Editor again.
I tried finding those files but couldn't find them. I guess its because I'm using Linux. Do you know the Linux counterparts? I appreciate you trying to help, you seem to know more than I.
Well, this is the Windows support forum. Urkle can help you with Linux. Moved...
(05-26-2012, 11:47 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Well, this is the Windows support forum. Urkle can help you with Linux. Moved...
Didn't realize this place had a Linux support, thanks Smile . I look forward to Urkle's help.
~/.frictionalgames/HPL2/
(05-27-2012, 01:26 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]~/.frictionalgames/HPL2/
Wow it worked! I didn't realize the folder was there. Deleting the appropriate ModelEditor files did it. I can now open the *.dae files. I wish to thank everyone here how helped Big Grin