Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Floors/Walls Like Daniel's Room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Where can I find floors and walls similar to those in the Guest room (or anything that seems a bit more nice than prison walls). I'm not finding it on the level editor. Where can I find it or get it?
Are you looking in static_objects > Mansionbase?
Ok I found the walls I need but it doesn't have the floor to match it. It was the floor that looked kind of prettily tiled with shades of orange.
in mansionbase >.>
Nope, there are no floor options in the mansionbase set. I sure hope it isn't a glitch on my part
You use the Primitives tool. and pick the "..." next to materials. Then follow to "static_objects/mansionbase/floor" and floor textures are right there.

I suggest you watch some tutorials.
Oh, I didn't know he didn't know about Primitives.

Yes, in Primitives, click the "...", go to Static Objects, go to mansionbase, go to floors, there you go.

Unrelated to Primitives:

In static objects -> Ornaments there are carpets and curtains for you to use.
In static objects -> Mansionbase -> every wall/ceiling/doorway you will need.
In entities -> furniture there are chairs/pianos/beds/closets/everything you need to make rooms
In entities -> ornaments there are flower pots, paintings, books to make your maps look more detailed.
In entities -> lamps there are your candles
In entities -> desktop there are your piles of paper to make your desks look more complete

Happy mapping!
Even easier: Just load the "Guest Room" map and look up exactly what you want. That is what I do when I remember something from the original game I'd like to copy.
Thanks, it just confused me when I couldn't find it straight from the static objects menu. Another question, is it really impossible to pan without the middle mouse button?
Alt + Right mouse button
Pages: 1 2