Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Youtube & Monetarization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello FrictionalGames-Team and Forum-Members!
First of: English is not my main-language so it can may be a pain to read it Big Grin

I write this post here to ask you if it is allowed to record and comment (to letsplay) Amnesia: The Dark Decent I bought a week ago on steam and upload it on youtube.
Next thing is the monetarization (earning money with ads on the video). Is it allowed or not?

I'd like to ask before my videos get deleted.

Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong forum-part or if this question was asked before.

EDIT: Of course I would write down in the video-description that the game is made by Frictional-Games, that I just played and commentated it and link to it.

Kind regards Smile
Yes, of course. Don't you think PewDiePie and a whole lot of other people would have been sued by now if it wasn't? The developers have stated that they don't care if you make money off of Amnesia-related stuff as long as you aren't selling anything. Selling your custom story is of course illegal (until it becomes (if it becomes) open-source like Penumbra: Overture sometime in the future), but getting some ad revenue from your videos is not. You should be good to go.