Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Once upon a time...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Once upon a time, there was an video game that came out named "Amnesia the Dark Descent" and people, fan of this great horror masterpiece joined and formed a community... this comunity originated the first custom stories... and for a time it was good... but then seeds of bronies and retarded Pewdiepie fans started to grow among them... and then as the bronies and bros could not coexist whit the original community... flamewars begun.

One by one, new custom storys were made whit the retarded influence caused by the bronies and the "bros"... it was chaos... the rest of the people that were still loyal to the original game had to fight whit the two retard fan communities at the same time... and if nothing is done... the frictional games community will just be filled whit lazy and childish custom stories makers...

the end
tell me more, grandpa.. tell me more! Big Grin
(06-02-2012, 04:01 PM)CowardlyDog Wrote: [ -> ]tell me more, grandpa.. tell me more! Big Grin
huh.... hope is lost?
was joking, but anyway yes that is a true story and i agree with it.
There's a simple answer, ignore the 'bronies' and 'bros', make and play the custom stories you want to. This kind of infection of retarded 12 year olds happens everywhere and it won't go away.
Dare I ask...

So what?
Though I am a brony, I totally agree with this. Sometimes, people just get WAY out of hand.
What exactly are you trying to acomplish with this thread? It'll simply start a flamewar, I'll keep my eyes on this.
Don't bother with them. They'll only leave you a slight headache.
I partially agree with this. I am bothered by this happening, but not because of the context of the stories. What bothers me is the lack of devotion, and overall effort put into many of them.

I can stand any sort of map, or at least tolerate if I don't like the context to begin with. People can make what they want as long as it doesn't go against the common good. Game/CS making is a form of self-expression, and you are devoted enough to it, you will try to make it the best as possible. Trust me, it's easy to see the difference between devoted, and non-devoted maps.

When it comes to the stories that you say, I believe that they are only trying to get the quick thrill of seeing what they love being seen in the Amnesia world, and in some cases, be praised by their fellow fans for all the references which appear. In other words, they're not putting doing the story truly for themselves as self-expression as a primary. The primary they employ here is the unity of the fanbase, and therefore the context of the game will be more emphasized than the actual game itself, hence "sometimes" resulting in rushed maps, and forced references.

The thing here is that since you are not "truly" making the map for yourself, you will set your standards lower, and will be able to overlook many issues.

Still I believe that if you are a serious fan of a third party of entertainment (Pewdie Pie, MLP, etc...), you can still put good effort into making your maps. Strictly speaking the only difference will be that you will putting "yourself" as a primary. Sure the context will still be there, but as long as you take the story seriously, and put just as much work into it as you would with any other context, the product can still be of high quality.

TL;DR: What bothers me are the lazy mapmakers, not the context of the map themselves. A map shouldn't be bashed just for its context if equal amounts of hard work have gone into it as any other typical map. If they achieve that, they should be judged just as fairly.

EDIT: Also, putting context aside here's a video which while for GoAnimate also can be meant for lazy mapmakers:

Lazy Custom Story-rusher: Yay!! I can make video games!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5