Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Black Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently gotten the level editor for Amnesia, but when I try to launch it, I get a black screen and I cannot close it unless I use task manager. I have seen a lot of people having this problem, but I would like to have mine solved personally.
It is possible the level editor does not work on intel hd, that card is not officially supported. Are you running Amnesia at the same time as you try to launch the editor? If so try starting it without amnesia running at the same time. Try deleting the HPL2 folder in My Documents to clear all the files and settings incase some of them are incorrect.

Is Amnesia itself working as it should?
update your drivers as said in the sticky guides
(06-04-2012, 07:49 AM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]It is possible the level editor does not work on intel hd, that card is not officially supported. Are you running Amnesia at the same time as you try to launch the editor? If so try starting it without amnesia running at the same time. Try deleting the HPL2 folder in My Documents to clear all the files and settings incase some of them are incorrect.

Is Amnesia itself working as it should?
Yes, Amnesia is working fine. Btw, if I delete the HPL2 folder will everything come back by itself?

(06-04-2012, 11:17 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]update your drivers as said in the sticky guides
I tried updating my drivers, but when I did it made everything gigantic and even when I opened the level editor it didn't make a difference.Undecided
you did not update them or the update failed, try again
(06-04-2012, 07:18 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]you did not update them or the update failed, try again
Yeah, I think I may have done something wrong. The instructions were kind of weird to me. I don't think I understood how to install it correctly. Can you send me the link to the instructions again?
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9942.html pick the topic matching your computer.