Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Just got Amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone!
As the title says, I just got Amnesia and I was wondering if any of you have any tips? I plan to start making videos of me and my boyfriend as he and I play through the game. I'm a real coward so I'm kind of afraid that I may not be able to finish the game. So, any tips to get over the scariness would really help!
Thanks bunches!
-Hero
Collect as many tinderboxes as possible and stay in the light as much as possible.

Amnesia was the first horror game I experienced, so I basically played for 10 minutes, something scary would happen, and I would take a break for an hour or more. Just remember, no matter how scared you get, you just got to push forward; its worth it!

Also, play on the recommended brightness settings; no fun if you can clearly see everything.

On a side note, is your name "Hero in Fairie" or "Heroine Fairie"?
Quote:Collect as many tinderboxes as possible and stay in the light as much as possible.

Amnesia
was the first horror game I experienced, so I basically played for 10
minutes, something scary would happen, and I would take a break for an
hour or more. Just remember, no matter how scared you get, you just got
to push forward; its worth it!

Also, play on the recommended brightness settings; no fun if you can clearly see everything.

On a side note, is your name "Hero in Fairie" or "Heroine Fairie"?
Thanks so much for the tips, andy. ^.^ It's Heroine Fairie, but back when I was playing S4 I misunderstood my friend when he said the "e" so
it just kinda stuck as Heroin.
Take solace in the fact that you're scared; it means you are getting the most out of it. It absolutely is a terrifying game and anybody that claims to be not scared either has broken survival instincts or deliberately doesn't want to enjoy it. So don't go in with any preconceptions (apart from these) and you should be good to go. Have fun.
Make sure you play in a totally blacked out room. Since you're going to be playing it with your boyfriend I assume you'll be using speakers for the sound or you could get headphone splitters.
(06-05-2012, 12:29 AM)HeroinFairie Wrote: [ -> ]
Hi everyone!
As the title says, I just got Amnesia and I was wondering if any of you have any tips? I plan to start making videos of me and my boyfriend as he and I play through the game. I'm a real coward so I'm kind of afraid that I may not be able to finish the game. So, any tips to get over the scariness would really help!
Thanks bunches!
-Hero
And have fun Wink
Hey,

You could make the brightness slightly higher than the recommended settings. That's usually good for videomaking (unless you wanna mess around with gamma settings while editing) since youtube tends to lower the brightness in the videos. Only increase the brightness if you are too terrified to carry on tough ^^

Play with someone else in the room helps as well, then you can also push each other to continue >Smile

Make sure to play in a dark room and preferably surround sound (and remove the esc key >:3)

Uhmm... note; being drunk makes the game a lot less scary.

Enjoy!
[removed]
whenever faced with a foe; hide, or even run if necessary. dont play amnesia just to win the game; immerse yourself in the games story and conflicts.
preety much what others and Darkadders said.

and I'd strongly suggest that you do not turn to walkthroughs or videos because that will totaly ruin your game experience. I have spoiled a lot for myself when i was still struggling to complete Amnesia and now i deeply regret it.

but thats just me, you can do what you please Smile
Pages: 1 2