Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Why Do You Play Amnesia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Simple, why do You play One of the most horrific games that exists?
Because, why would you want to experience horror?
Does it give you pleasure to be terrified?
Yes, we play because we like being terrified to the point of it being hard to sleep cause it's FUN.
Because I enjoy monster genitals.
(06-06-2012, 06:21 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Because I enjoy monster genitals.

Who doesn't?
I play it, because it is one of the rare decent games of modern era.
The world really needs more talented people like Frictional Games.
All the pointless action hypes for mainstream are pieces of crap and even not worth to exist.

This is why I play Amnesia and some old-school masterpieces like Indiana Jones, Gothic, NFS Porsche etc.
(06-06-2012, 06:25 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2012, 06:21 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]Because I enjoy monster genitals.
I thought women enjoyed monstrous genitals not monster genitals. Guess I was wrong.

Thanks for answering the question.
Because the night belongs to lovers
Because the night belongs to lust
Because the night belongs to us
(06-06-2012, 08:27 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]Because the night belongs to lovers

Patti smith?
(06-06-2012, 08:55 PM)xPICKLEMONSTER Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2012, 08:27 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]Because the night belongs to lovers

Patti smith?
Indeed.
I played it because my friend suggested it to me a year ago, haven't looked back since. The only prior experience I had with horror games is Bioshock, so naturally, this was quite terrifying.

The first time I got scared in the game (roughly 1 minute in) it had awoken something inside of me, knowing that I almost had to pause the game when I was in no imminent danger, just from ambient sounds. I knew that this was going to suck (in the best, most terrifying way possible).

Amnesia is one of the games I'll remember for the rest of my life because it was so perfectly put together, everything about it was perfect from puzzles, to detail/environment, to the music and build up.

tl;dr - shits fun.
Pages: 1 2 3