Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Static Object Active/Unactive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just have a quick question.
Is there a way to make a static object (from the Static Objects tab ofcourse) active / unactive, or do you have to somehow make it an entity?
I'm guessing you can't do that with static objects, because they are static objects.

You should choose an entity instead. Or you could try and convert a static object into an entity in the model editor.. if possible.
(06-10-2012, 08:03 PM)CrazyArts Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing you can't do that with static objects, because they are static objects.

You should choose an entity instead. Or you could try and convert a static object into an entity in the model editor.. if possible.
I haven't found a way at this point, wich is sad. It would really make my map better. I can't use entities for it. :L
You'd need to open up the model editor, import the .dae file of the static object, give it an appropriate body, and save as a .ent.
(06-10-2012, 08:41 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]You'd need to open up the model editor, import the .dae file of the static object, give it an appropriate body, and save as a .ent.
Also make it a Object::Static Wink Since I think that it's still a Static Object if you don't change the User defined variables
(06-10-2012, 08:41 PM)Obliviator27 Wrote: [ -> ]You'd need to open up the model editor, import the .dae file of the static object, give it an appropriate body, and save as a .ent.
And how exactly do you do that? x3
(06-10-2012, 09:15 PM)Zhes Wrote: [ -> ]
And how exactly do you do that? x3
heres a tutorial of it http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/tut...tutorial_1
The tutorial is good so you know how to use it when you need to give it a body there are other tips and tricks to Smile