Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Character spins whenever I move mouse (Have not found any fixes)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Every time I try to play Amnesia my character will spin around when I move my mouse. I currently am trying to play in non-fullscreen mode. In fullscreen mode my mouse will be stuck in the corner and I will have to reset my computer. In non-fullscreen mode I can select games and load them but when gameplay starts my character spins. I am able to move my mouse though when I alt-tab in non-fullscreen mode but in fullscreen mode my mouse is always in the corner. I have tried re-downlading the game, updating my audio drivers, updating my graphics drivers, plutomaniac's fix, disabling spyware and firewalls, changing settings in-game, and disabling steam overlay. I found no fix when I checked the troubleshooting guide. Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong? Also if I didn't provide enough information I would gladly provide more, just tell me.
after the event occurs attach the file HPL.log, it may be useful
(06-16-2012, 11:45 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]after the event occurs attach the file HPL.log, it may be useful
Is this it? I also tried updating my mouse drivers earlier today but that did not work either
From where did you get the game and what operating system do you have?
(06-16-2012, 11:12 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]From where did you get the game and what operating system do you have?
Steam, from the Humble Indie Bundle Sale. I am currently using Windows Vista
I've had similiar problems before with my old mouse, I fixed it by buying a new one. Also, If I go to the desktop while playing Amnesia, the mouse cursor gets stuck in the upper-left corner of the screen and doesn't move, the only way to fix it is by restart.
(06-17-2012, 12:47 AM)Leonin Wrote: [ -> ]Steam, from the Humble Indie Bundle Sale. I am currently using Windows Vista

Do a file integrity check and update your graphics card drivers to the latest version.

(06-17-2012, 03:16 AM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]Also, If I go to the desktop while playing Amnesia, the mouse cursor gets stuck in the upper-left corner of the screen and doesn't move, the only way to fix it is by restart.

As Leonin said and found, there is a fix for that at the troubleshooting guide.
(06-17-2012, 10:00 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2012, 12:47 AM)Leonin Wrote: [ -> ]Steam, from the Humble Indie Bundle Sale. I am currently using Windows Vista

Do a file integrity check and update your graphics card drivers to the latest version.

(06-17-2012, 03:16 AM)GrAVit Wrote: [ -> ]Also, If I go to the desktop while playing Amnesia, the mouse cursor gets stuck in the upper-left corner of the screen and doesn't move, the only way to fix it is by restart.

As Leonin said and found, there is a fix for that at the troubleshooting guide.
Still does it, is there anything else that will fix it?
buy a new mouse probably
(06-17-2012, 12:03 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]buy a new mouse probably
Sad Ok
Pages: 1 2