Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: One-Handed Playing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might seem like an odd question, but has anyone got any tips for playing Amnesia using mostly only one hand? I know a lot of gamers often find ways to do this haha...

My right side is very weak and I don't have much control over my right fingers. I can use it to press buttons etc when needed, but it makes gameplay a lot more difficult! I've been trying out the demo of Amnesia, trying to make it a bit more easy for me by trying out different control keys etc. Anyone got any tips though? :L
Try a Google search for "one handed game controller" and see what comes up - i'm sure there must be something suitable out there which will include a mouse and mappable buttons for the various functions.
If you are able to still move the wrist left and right that would help a lot still. Then I's suggest using as much fingers of your left hand for all binds. I guess you could use left ctrl and shift with your little finger instead of using duck as ctrl use it for the left mouse button and use duck on shift (which you'll need less). I also have 4 muscles that don't work anymore on my right arm, luckily for me it doesn't hinder me that much when I'm sitting behind my computer. But I know the feeling of having to struggle with all day simple tasks people take for granted. If your right arm becomes too weak perhaps try creating some contraption to use your foot for mouse movement.
Or you could get a mouse with a ton of buttons on it. For amnesia you'd essentially I think just need one for walking forward and one for inventory (and toggling duck, running, and the lamp could still be done with right hand?)