Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: game doesn't save progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I play Amnesia off of Steam, it will never save. Every time i start up the game I have to go through the whole dev welcome thing in the beginning.Then when i'm done with that,i have to make a new profile,but it won't save the profile so i can't save my games. specs are: desktop,gtx 560 gpu, i7 2600k, 8 gigs of ram. Amnesia worked without problems on my older laptop so I wanted to try it out on a big screen,but I can't really enjoy it with this problem. TL;DR: when I do save and quit, and exit the game, it will never keep the profile or save, therefore I have to restart the game again. Also it does not save my settings either.
administrator rights? Attach hpl.log after the problem occurs
how would I do that? Sorry i'm kinda new to Amnesia so I don't know what hpl.log is
check the sticky guides
I have already checked the threads and they never had a solution to my problem on them.
I meant about the HPL.log file, it says where to find it there
sorry, I forgot to mention, I have no folder in documents called "Amnesia." I only have one in steam apps\common. I have no HPL.log file.
Close steam and try running it as an administrator. This is a steam issue that I have seen some times in the past but because I am a retail user I cannot find a solution to it nor help any further when it comes to steam. This is though, a steam problem.
that still doesn't work i have reinstalled it multiple times with no luck. I have ran as admin and it still doesn't work. I have turned off UAC and it doesnt work. defragmented files and verified cache off steam still doesn't work. if you have anything other than that then please tell me
I think you might need to contact steam support for that since it is their problem
Pages: 1 2