Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Blender export to .dae problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, for my custom story I need chess figures and a chess board, and I thought i'll just try to make them myself since I didn't find any avaible. I used Blender v2.44(since any newer version has a too complicated interface) and got the black pawn done. Now when I wanted to export it into COLLADA, it said I need python installed. After I installed it, it still gave me the error that python ain't installed and I should see the console. The console says:
"Error! Could not find full version of Python..."

Then it tells me to install python, and below, in Notes, it says I should "make sure Blender's Python interpreter is finding the standalone modules(run 'system Information' from Blender's Help -> System menu)."
I did that, and still nothing.(I also turned the faces into triangles, as told in the wiki.)

Any idea what's wrong or how I get Blender to find "the standalone module"? I googled a lot and searched this forum, but found nothing. I also tried this with different python versions, nothing works.
I hope someone has an answer for this, since I really need those models for my custom story Sad
(I may have put this Thread in the wrong section. If so, I'm sorry.)
See if the information in here is helpful: http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11938
(Though, i certainly recommend using the latest version of Blender.)
Thank you, it worked all nicely after I followed those steps and now I only have to check why the modelviewer crashes, I probably just forgot to add textures. Exporting to .dae works fine now.