Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Please help with insanity events
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
void SetInsanitySetEnabled(string& asSet, bool abX);
Determines which InsanitySets are enabled.
asSet - the set
abX - enabled or not

Does anyone know what possible insanity "sets" there are? I am wondering if I can trigger specific insanity events with this. For example: bugs crawling over the player's screen.
(06-18-2012, 04:16 AM)Chronogyros Wrote: [ -> ]void SetInsanitySetEnabled(string& asSet, bool abX);
Determines which InsanitySets are enabled.
asSet - the set
abX - enabled or not

Does anyone know what possible insanity "sets" there are? I am wondering if I can trigger specific insanity events with this. For example: bugs crawling over the player's screen.
i normaly use ""GiveSanityDamage(float afAmount, bool abUseEffect);"

SetInsanitySetEnabled("Area?", true or false?);

not sure :S
That's not the same thing. Insanity sets are for example when Daniel starts muttering to himself, bugs start crawling over the screen, or flies start buzzing around the player.

I've wanted to use this function too but haven't seen a comprehensive list of sets.
(06-18-2012, 05:30 AM)Damascus Wrote: [ -> ]That's not the same thing. Insanity sets are for example when Daniel starts muttering to himself, bugs start crawling over the screen, or flies start buzzing around the player.

I've wanted to use this function too but haven't seen a comprehensive list of sets.
Yes, I've looked too, but I can't seem to find any lists either. Someone must know what the sets are. Huh
(01-29-2012, 09:14 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I think SetInsanitySetEnabled() relates to misc/main_sanity_events.cfg.
[url]http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12935.html[/url]
(06-18-2012, 07:18 AM)Dutton Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2012, 09:14 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I think SetInsanitySetEnabled() relates to misc/main_sanity_events.cfg.
[url]http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-12935.html[/url]
Ok looks like the only set is "default". Seems like if I wanted to have a different set, I'd have to make a full conversion mod with my own custom sets defined. Thanks for the tip.
Also when you are ingame and press F1 you can actually play different sanity effects.. There are also names of them.. Maybe try that..