Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [HELP] Model loses textures during export from 3ds max
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Got the Model Viewer working again after reinstalling amnesia and the HPL editor suite.
Anyway I have a new problem, I can now export my model and open it in the model editor but it lacks the texture. When I import my model into 3DS max it has the texture but when I export it I get this: http://i.imgur.com/Cur4r.png
It seems the model you're trying to load is broken, I'd suggest re-exporting and making sure you have all the proper settings selected, such as triangulation and making sure you're exporting geometry.
(06-19-2012, 03:25 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the model you're trying to load is broken, I'd suggest re-exporting and making sure you have all the proper settings selected, such as triangulation and making sure you're exporting geometry.
This happends before I export my model. It happends during the startup of the program
(06-19-2012, 03:27 PM)teddifisk Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-19-2012, 03:25 PM)Traggey Wrote: [ -> ]It seems the model you're trying to load is broken, I'd suggest re-exporting and making sure you have all the proper settings selected, such as triangulation and making sure you're exporting geometry.
This happends before I export my model. It happends during the startup of the program
Ah. my bad.
The model bust be broken then, it cannot load it
(06-19-2012, 04:33 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]The model bust be broken then, it cannot load it
How do I fix it?
I can't know what's wrong with it and to be honest I know very little of modeling so I suggest to import it to blender or similar (Maya) and export it again.
Alright so wait wait wait.. Now it is related to the model?

Needs to clarify.

Can you open the modeleditor.exe AT ALL?
Can you load any other models in there?
1) Are the textures 256x256, 512x512 etc. ?
2) Model triangulated?
3) Working with polygons?
4) Does it have any bones?
Try reinstalling the HPL2 suite.
Pages: 1 2