Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: "Stopsound" not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the end of my map the player gets chased by a monster. When the player jumps into a ball of light the credits start, but the "terror" sound plays while the credits are rolling.

This is what i tried to use

void end(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)

{
StartCredits("pinball", true, "Ending", "MainCredits", 0);
StopSound("ui_terror_meter", 0);

}
I don't think you can stop that sound this way, as you need a internal name, and this sound is played automatically, but try to add .snt to the sound. If that doesn't work, I have no idea.
(06-21-2012, 03:46 PM)FastHunteR Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you can stop that sound this way, as you need a internal name, and this sound is played automatically, but try to add .snt to the sound. If that doesn't work, I have no idea.
Yeah i tried with .snt at the end still doesn't work :/ guess you can't stop the automatic sound that easy
You can try the following: add a script area near the end, and a collide callback. that fcollide callback starts a function where the enemy is set to dissapear(FadeEnemyToSmoke(string& asName, bool abPlaySound)Wink
This way the sound may stop before the credits roll
(06-21-2012, 07:49 PM)FastHunteR Wrote: [ -> ]You can try the following: add a script area near the end, and a collide callback. that fcollide callback starts a function where the enemy is set to dissapear(FadeEnemyToSmoke(string& asName, bool abPlaySound)Wink
This way the sound may stop before the credits roll
Tried making the area, and the monsters does indeed dissapear but the sound still plays for around 3 seconds afterwards, and if the sound is playing when the credits starts to roll it will play during all of the credits.. wierd
then place the area about 3 seconds before the end Tongue
(06-21-2012, 08:12 PM)FastHunteR Wrote: [ -> ]then place the area about 3 seconds before the end Tongue
Yeah thats pretty obviousWink but that wouldn't work for my end. Thanks for your help anyway Smile