Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to play/test my amnesia hpl map
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, i've been working on an amnesia level editor map for a while but i really would just like to test it out not using the map viewer as in the real game, how can i do this? Smile
To be able to play your map you must first make a custom_story_settings.cfg file. It will look something like this
<Main
Name = "name of your custom story"
Author = "Your Name!"
MapsFolder = "CustomMaps/" <--make sure that this is the same name as the folder with all your maps
StartMap = "map001.map" <--again make sure this is the same name as your beginning map
StartPos = "PlayerStartArea_1"
/>
hey again, where do i put the .cfg file? is it in the base amnesia file or in the custom_stories folder?
my documents/amnesia/main
(06-22-2012, 06:10 PM)ollie750 Wrote: [ -> ]hey again, where do i put the .cfg file? is it in the base amnesia file or in the custom_stories folder?
You put your .cfg file in your custom story folder, but that folder has to be in the custom_stories folder
oh right, thank you very much will get back to you if it works Big Grin
(06-22-2012, 06:33 PM)ollie750 Wrote: [ -> ]oh right, thank you very much will get back to you if it works Big Grin
Glad to help anytime!
If your custom story has multiple levels, with the player spawn point right outisde the door, do you need a new cfg file for the playerstartpos? or do you just put that information in the entity section of the level door they just went through?
Just the entity section of the level door.
MrDosht, how the hell do you find so old threads? You're lately answering questions made a half year ago. The user won't be here anymore.

Just saying.
Pages: 1 2